Tuesday, July 7, 2015

On the road again

Hello and welcome to 2015 and a brand new set of adventure travel. I've revamped the blog a little bit and I'll be adding some more photos as I get this ball rolling. For right now, however, let me explain a little bit about this resurgence--I have just embarked on a new 3-ish month long journey and I'm hoping to capture some of the beauty, insanity and perspectives for friends both near and far as well as for myself.

I'm going to begin by talking about the past. It's one thing to talk about travel and new adventures as "life-changing" or "transformative" and it's another thing to actually see it for yourself. As I look back on my previous journal entries from my first long-term adventure, I realize exactly how far I've come and how much I've changed as a person. Most of it has been for the better. The other thing I'm beginning to get a sense of and tease apart is how very different these two experiences are going to be. When I left the first time, I desperately needed to prove myself--to myself. I needed to know that I could survive, that I was capable of standing on my own two feet and to find my voice, in every sense of the word.

This time around however, things feel a little different. I feel freer and less compelled to prove to the world that I can stand on my own two feet. Not that I won't and don't have some things to work on and sort out but it feels good to know that this time around I don't have invent myself and become a person.


No comments: