Saturday, November 15, 2008
I mean-this time it's not just random nonsense-it's business stuff in a lot of ways. I just feel like I'm spending a lot of damn money lately. Art crap is expensive and it's killing me to know that I have a lot of perfectly good stuff living in a garage in Colorado that I can't get my hands on. Not that I really have a ton of place to keep all that stuff right now-it's sort of a lot. It needs it's own house at the moment.
And I feel like certain things are on repeat since one of my art supply bearing packages exploded after arriving to the States and now my stuff is in random cities in random states with no way to get back to me. I don't know if it literally exploded but a friend of mine got a book belonging to me in the mail....she lives in New Orleans....right.
I've got a long to-do list tomorrow-most of which should be classified under "fun errands to run" meaning that I am going to go find some sort of table that I can use for storage and decorative purposes, I'd like to peruse the options for comforters and see what I can find-not really the best time since I'm going to have some bills hitting in a bit and well, I've only had 2 paychecks so far so yeah...not the most opportune moment to run out and buy stuff. I have things that work very nicely right now and I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
I did splurge and get a haircut. w00t.
I also need to run and get some supplies since I'm going to have a busy busy month in December it looks like. Tomorrow is going to be a hopefully not too expensive day but I will definitely be leaking money in different places.
I've discovered that I really dig Polyclay. Good stuff. Stinky. Sticky. But really fun. And cost effective! (read: cheaper than buying beads...I can do this!)
I am hunting for some more Christmas Commissions-if you know anyone who needs that special something, hit me up. I'd be glad to help out. (c: I'm cheap. And easy. :D
Moving past the shameless plug-I've landed a few good gigs for the beginning of December and am now looking into filling the rest of the month with things that could potentially make me some money. I"m also beginning to compile my christmas lists and figure out who I need to shop for and all that fun stuff.
I've also been jonesin' to get my hands on some painting time. I'm no painter and I know that but I like to do it so why the heck not.
My friend had an early Thanksgiving Dinner-his theory is to do it before everyone is sick of Turkey. Hehe. It was good stuff. I ate some awesome food, drank some beer, hung out with some friends and then stuck around afterwards, helped clean up a bit and then made some jewelry with my friend. It was a good night.
I have nothing of utmost importance to talk about tonight I'm realizing-I've just been setting some goals and trying to work towards them. Including spending more time crafting good "being at home habits"...some of which are working. Some of which aren't. It's a weird time.
Anyway-I'm sure I set out to say something important but sometimes just writing to write is a good cathartic experience. It gets the brain going in a different way and makes me feel, at least, that I've talked something out even if I never really got around to what that was. It's a good method for getting a new perspective on the same old same old.
I'm going to bed-I really do have lots of stuff I need to be doing and sitting up at 1:30 in the morning talking about how much I have to do and waiting for some ephiphany to strike is probably not the best way to go about doing things.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Bold the things you’ve done and will admit to.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band-does Rock Band count?
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (not sure what counts here)
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community (I'm not counting seeing them downtown shopping)
36. Taught yourself a new language (do video courses count?)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (sort of)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie(the scene was cut but we filmed it...)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia-I got really damn close....
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit-I was accused of being evicted and then sued but it was an accident and it never went to court so I guess that's a no...
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
How about you?